RECAP Preterm Winter School (using DataSHIELD)

Hello all,

Please share - registration has just opened for the RECAP Preterm Winter School which will be teaching people about how to use the RECAP Preterm data platform (using DataSHIELD of course!) to study outcomes of children and adults in relation to preterm birth:

• https://recap-preterm.eu/news-and-events/winter-school/

The RECAP preterm platform promotes collaborative research by pooling data from very preterm cohorts and provides exciting opportunities to generate new knowledge about the consequences of preterm birth. This Winter School will provide you with an overview of very preterm cohorts and collaborative research principles and techniques. Through a mixture of lectures and workshops, you will learn about existing very preterm cohorts in Europe, new research on children and adults born very preterm based on pooled data, and how to implement a collaborative research protocol – including the ethical and legal requirements, procedures for harmonising data, the technological aspects of storing and sharing data, and analytic approaches and software. The program will be accompanied daily by group work in which you will use your new knowledge to create your own collaborative research project that can be carried out using the RECAP preterm data platform. Participants are expected to come with ideas for research projects to be developed.

Early bird fees are available until the end of March.

Best wishes,

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

the program looks really good! Would I also be welcomed as a statistician with no direct interest in preterm cohorts but more in the methodological part of the program?

Best wishes, Daniela

Hi Daniela,

Thanks for the comment! We welcome everyone and you don’t have to have previous knowledge about preterm birth but please be prepared to learn about it. The idea is that there will be sessions every day about the various different topics (as listed in the flyer) which will be accompanied by daily group work such that by the end of the school the groups come up with projects that can be implemented on the platform.

Hope that helps, please feel free to ask any other questions too and I will do my best to respond :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

Andrei

Hello all,

I just wanted to remind people about this Winter School and to update you in relation to COVID19 and all the delays that people have experienced recently.

We (RECAP Preterm) are still planning on running the Winter School as advertised. We have now extended the enrollment period. Specifically, the early bird fee is extended until 30th June 2020 due to the global coronavirus situation, and applications are now open a bit longer too (but please apply early!).

Please spread among your networks too.

Thanks,

Andrei

Hi everyone,

Another update! The RECAP Preterm school will still be happening - but it has been pushed back to March and is going to be virtual. More information to follow, or keep an eye on the https://recap-preterm.eu website to be really up-to-date :wink:

Best wishes,

Andrei

And another update!! Yes, we are still doing this - but it will be going virtual and is no longer in March. Instead, it will be sometime this summer. More news to follow and I hope everyone is staying safe.

Best,

Andrei