Logging into the collaborating servers

Hi, I’ve got a problem for the logging into the collaborating servers. Here’s the message :Logging into the collaborating servers Login study2 [================================================>------------------------] 67% / 0sError in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) : Timeout was reached: [192.168.56.101:8080] Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds Thank you for your help ! Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had that problem. Apologies also for the delay, this one must have slipped through my notifications. Have you had any progress with this issue since you first posted?

Normally when the login bar freezes at 67% this means that the server of the third study is not properly connected to the internet/network through which your computer is communicating with it.

As a first stage of diagnosis, is this occuring within the training environment (i.e., using a Virtual Machine as guided by our workshops/wiki training guide) or is it on a real-world deployed version of DataSHIELD, looking at real data?

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your answer. My test was on the virtual machine. But I thought it was the same way to go to the real one. Do I have to use the same script to go to connect my R to the DATASHIELD by entering my identifying data .

builder <- DSI::newDSLoginBuilder()

builder$append(server = "study1", url = "http://192.168.56.100:8080/",

user = "administrator", password = "datashield_test&",

table = "CNSIM.CNSIM1", driver = "OpalDriver")

builder$append(server = "study2", url = "http://192.168.56.101:8080/",

user = "administrator", password = "datashield_test&",

table = "CNSIM.CNSIM2", driver = "OpalDriver")

logindata <- builder$build()

I’m sorry if that’s a naive question, but I am discovering all the system!

Best regards, Stephanie

Hi,

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but the required information for each study are:

• the url (=address) of the opal server
  • the user name (who has DataSHIELD usage permission) and its password
  • the full name to the harmonized table (in the form of <project name>.<table name>)

With the test virtual machines, url, user name and password are the same, but in the real world it is not the case.

Hope this helps
Yannick

OK, thank you very much! I’ve got it ! Best regards, Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Can I ask how many virtual machines are you using? If you want to test DataSHIELD based on the last DataSHIELD workshops, you will see that we have the data for three different studies in one single VM. So, if that’s the case, then the second url in the block of code you show above, should be identical to the first url.