Introductions to the group

Hi! I’m Olly Butters. I am part of the Newcastle University group under Paul Burton. I am mostly interested in the infrastructural side of DataSHIELD.

Becca Wilson, Newcastle University working in Paul Burton’s group. Interested in expanding DataSHIELD to additional data types such as geospatial and text. Also interested in VR/AR data visualisation.

Hello, my name is Andrei and I’m a researcher currently based at INSERM in Paris, France. I have a background in medicine, epidemiology, data analysis and free (open source) software, and I’m very much looking forward to contributing to and being part of this community!

2 Likes

Hi All,

I am Vishnu V Chandrabalan (Vishnu V Chandrabalan - Lancaster University | LinkedIn). I am a Consultant Surgeon in the NHS (NW England) with above average technical skills. I am particularly interested in contributing to reproducible, containerised, auto-scaling deployments of DataSHIELD.

I am working with @olly on a Kubernetes version of the entire DataSHIELD stack and have several of the components working on Azure Kubernetes Service already. I am also working on a ‘DataSHIELD-in-a-box’ deployment - more on this in the coming months.

Look forward to working with the wider community,

Hi Vishnu,

Good to hear from you, I am also interested in containerisation of DataSHIELD, in particular to improve maintainable and easy of deployment. As I am sure you know there are docker compose based deployments of DataSHIELD. I have also been using Kubernetes (podman, minikube, and a bit of openshift) on the DataSHIELD related project.

Stuart