Detect R server (localhost:8085)

Hi,

I have installed OPAL and R on srv2.stats-con.com, but get this error:

“No R server is running. Some functionalities will not work properly: data import/export using R, data and resource assignment to R server session, reporting etc. Administrate R server”

When I click on Administrate R server, I get to the Administration > R page which endlessly keeps checking for an R server, but cannot find one although an Rserve process is running and Portd 6311 (Rserve) and 8085 (rock) are open, ie localhost:8085 is not found.

On another server (srv1.stats-con.com) I have already successfully installed, Opal, mysql, mangodb, and R and the R server on localhost:8085 was found. However, I cannot remember, what I did differently (mysql, mangodb are optional, arent they?). Any advice is welcome!

Best, Wilmar

1 Like

Hi,

Does Opal at srv2 connects to the Rock process (at localhost:8085) with the correct credentials?

Regards
Yannick

Hi,

No, OPAL WebGUI does not connect with Rock on Administration > R. How can I test the connection between OPAL and Rock on the commandline?

Where am I supposed ot specify the correct ROCK credentials on srv2?

1. OPAL: opal-config.properties
  2. OPAL: shiro.ini
  3. ROCK: Rserv.conf
  4. ROCK: application.yml

Can the passwords be given unencrypted as text or encrypted (as in shiro.ini)?

Best, Wilmar

1 Like
  1. See opal-config.properties R server configuration documentation.
  2. See Opal’s shiro.ini documentation
  3. Rserv.conf is the Rserve configuration file and it is not recommended to modify it
  4. See the Rock’s application.yml users configuration documentation, the default values should be self explanatory. Yes, the Rock’s passwords can be encrypted (bcrypt or scrypt) in this file, but this has not been documented yet.

Regards
Yannick