Coding guidances

Hi all,

I am writing a grant in collaboration of some other peer DataSHIELD developers. Now we need to give evidences that we have some sort of Coding guidance for the development of client and server function.

I have addressed the problem by writing a very basic coding guidance. One is better than none. I am convinced, this coding guidance is far from perfect but quite flexible.

I would be indebted from you, if you could have a read to this page. You could email me (patricia.ryser-welch@newcastle.ac.uk) or reply to this post with any suggestions that should be included. I am happy for anybody to disagree with the content, as long as they suggests a way forward to improve the Coding guidance.

https://data2knowledge.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSDEV/pages/1313964037/Coding+guidelines

I am just hoping through time, as a community, we can develop a much better document that suits any coders styles and preferences.

At the end of the day, code needs to be readable and understandable. Otherwise, it becomes challenging to maintain and debug.

Thank you very much for all your help in this matter.

Best wishes,

P.

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your work. I don’t have any suggestion to improve the Coding guidelines which you suggested. So far :wink:

Bets regards

and thanks again

Bénédicte Delcoigne