Failure in post-Install Configuration

Hi all,

See the image below. After sucessful installation of datashield, I am asked to register two databases.

However, after the registration, the datashield failed (after pressed the “test” button) to connect the databases as shown in the image. Is there suggestions why this happen?

In the registration of “Data Database”, I was required to give a name of database, can I give the name with any format? Or there is limitation?

Regards, Hank

Hi,

By default MongoDB does not require a username to connect. I see that you have provided a “administrator” user name: is this because you have created a user in MongoDB with name “administrator” ?

Yannick

hi yannick,

is this because you have created a user in MongoDB with name “administrator” ?

it was autofilled by browser.

However I deleted username and password, the connection still failed. See below:

Data Database

Identifier Database

Could you show me how ro exactly fill these fields to successfully register?

Regards, Hank

There is nothing special to be set, I mean the default settings are ok. Can you make sure the mongodb server is up and running, and is on the same host as the opal server ? (because you say to opal to connect to (its) localhost).

We were figuring out this, because the server is controled by the IT department, so it is quite slow.

Am I correct that post-Install configuration is especially usefull when your database was in an seperated computer? If your db and opal were in the same computer, you can actually skep this setting?

Is there any opal commend (in command-line ) that we can use to replace with the setting on web-UI?

Regards, Hank

Hi,

Just to be clear: Opal is not a database. Then if you want to store data using Opal you must declare a database (the location of the database does not matter). That is why the web interface redirects to the post-install page: you cannot do anything without a database in Opal’s backend.

Yes, you can use a command line to set the database: see how it is done in the Opal docker image startup script, where the database settings are sent to Opal server using the commands opal rest ... /system/databases ....

FYI the next release of Opal will introduce the concept of resources which will free Opal from requiring a database: Opal will provide data access control without storing the data in a managed database.

Regards
Yannick